Monday, January 13, 2020
Use of Conventions
Through my midterm submission, I have gained the ability to recognize where my magazine stands within the realm of it's own genre. The genre I picked was fashion, and I have conformed to most of the conventions dealing with this genre. For example, the photos I used were of an outfit that my model used to exemplify the cause she was supporting, which was environmental change. However, I challenged the use of conventions within my genre because I intertwined fashion trends with issues of fashion, which is also shown in the title of my magazine, Environmentally Chic. By accounting for both sides of the fashion industry, I am able to use my magazine to represent current social issues. I included a local business, by the name of Fits & Fixtures, which uses upcycling techniques to account for the rise of wasteful fast fashion. I used photos of an outfit that the owner of Fits & Fixtures curated with second-hand pieces. This notion represents the social issue of recycling, and a lack of being environmentally conscious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Submission
Due to the current predicament, I was not able to reshoot with my model for new photos. However, I would have loved to have a sho...
-
FairFashion Magazine is a relatively new publication. They have founded their magazine around a cause for sustainability within the fashion ...
-
The Frontlash Magazine is a independent magazine with several contributors and articles, where the central topic is based in progressive fem...
No comments:
Post a Comment