Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Distribution Plan

In planning the distribution of my magazine, I have researched several techniques. For example, while researching Vogue magazine, I was prompted with their newsletter, which is apart of the standard distribution model. However, the newsletter was used on their website, which contributes to the digital distribution method. Along with a newsletter, Vogue has recently been utilizing their own app, which digitally distributes their content in a completely accessible way, where consumers can read their favorite magazines at their fingertips.
While researching standard distribution models, Howard Wilmot described the best way to create an audience, and have your magazine distributed evenly among the target population, you must create a brand. Branding will launch the magazine into success by creating remembrance of your magazine, meaning individuals are bound to return and read your magazine for a second time. Wilmot describes branding as having a set color scheme, which I could utilize with earthy tones, such as greens and browns, in my packaging. He mentions how important packaging is with distribution, and the lasting impact it should leave on the reader. 
As for digital distribution, I could create my own website with these same earthy tones as the color scheme. Within my website, I could implement a newsletter, which will prompt readers with a subscription to my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

Due to the current predicament, I was not able to reshoot with my model for new photos. However, I would have loved to have a sho...