This can be seen in the image I used within my cover, where I used a large image as my background while utilizing the angle from which the photo is at to exhibit a sense of the photo towering over the text. I used this convention to develop a sense of confidence, as though the model is exhibiting total fearlessness, ready to overcome any obstacle that is thrown their way. This emotion was cast to develop the overall meaning that my magazine stands for, and that is changing, specifically in the environment. The outfit seen in the photo is also important, with the bellbottoms displaying an era that focused on environmental change, in which they were largely popular in the seventies, or the "hippie" era.
To go into more detail on the photos used in my magazine, the location of my photoshoots is a largely important convention. This can be explained in the locality of the photos, in which are all taken in the city of Sarasota at different spots within the place itself. I wanted to use Sarasota to promote my photos because of the environmental changes that have been made here, such as the Sustainability Program, which is directly combatting climate change in a positive way. I photographed my model in ways that showed the perspective of life itself, where both photos were given the impression of being "lifted." I did this to push a sense of movement into the photos, which is symbolic to the ways in which the Earth is always moving or "changing."
To continue, my choice of color is largely important within each component of my magazine, from my cover page to my two-page article, the use of a plum red is tied into each piece. I used this color to distribute a sense of timelessness, along with the color being a tone that is easy on the eyes of the reader. Along with this, the color of "plum red" is known to display a sense of longevity, where life is always transitioning and changing, and again, I would like my magazine to display stories of change.
I took large inspiration from Vogue magazine when deciding on which conventions to use, especially with the way they take their photos as if they are speaking directly to the audience. This is why Vogue has been so successful and iconic throughout the years because they always know how to speak to the reader and never put out a dull piece of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment