Friday, April 10, 2020

Creative Critical Reflection Question #2

Throughout my research into different types of magazines, I have found several types of ways that these products are able to engage with their audience. For example, Vogue magazine was able to evolve their ways of communicating with their audience with the changing times of technology by using a digital platform and promoting their social media outlets within their website. In the future, I would like to take inspiration from this marketing technique and integrate a similar website for my magazine, Environmentally Chic. Along with this, I researched two smaller magazines known as, Frontlash Magazine and FairFashion Magazine, where they both utilize weekly newsletters, in which any customer that accesses their page is brought to a pop-up about subscribing to their magazine for updates and information via e-mail. I found a liking to this technique because of the way it utilizes customer recall, and the ability to continuously bring customers back to the site. Therefore, within my website, I plan to utilize an effective newsletter pop-up to ensure my customers are staying longer than a one-time visit. 
For my product, I plan to distribute it in several different ways. Through my vast research, I found that achieving the most customer feedback is the key to success. Therefore, my traditional distribution model will develop slowly by starting small and utilizing mailing lists and newsletters. As my readers increase in size, I plan to develop specific packaging that is catered to the theme of my magazine, which is the environment and creating a sustainable future with fashion. This could be utilized through the use of eco-friendly poly bags, which enhances my environmentally-conscious initiative. 
I expanded deeper into my exploration by researching other magazines for the distribution techniques that they utilize. Through this, I found that GQ Magazine uses videos as one component of their digital distribution model, where they use "boyish" titles to their videos to capture their male-catered audience. Although my audience does not have a set gender, I found this extremely effective because I could use it to target individuals that show interest in sustainable fashion and benefitting the environment. Along with GQ Magazine, I looked into Vanity Fair Magazine, where they utilized Instagram Stores as one component of their digital distribution model. I found this very effective, in the way that it allows their content to be easily accessible through one's phone, which was also seen in the development of the Vogue App, which allows a greater following. 
Therefore, my distribution plan includes creating my own brand through the use of colors in my packaging, which was seen in my submission where I incorporated, the color, plum red, through each piece. This develops a cohesive design, in which my audience will associate those colors with my magazine, creating a consistent following. For digital distribution, I plan to develop my own website with that same color design, along with creating a way to access my content easily, such as through my own app in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

Due to the current predicament, I was not able to reshoot with my model for new photos. However, I would have loved to have a sho...