Friday, April 17, 2020

Creative Critical Reflection Question #3

Throughout the development of my magazine, I started without any experience in creating my own brand or having a standard idea of what I was trying to accomplish. While scheduling my photoshoot, I was unsure of where I should have my locations be. This proved to be a bit difficult when reaching a consensus of when my model would be free, especially because I planned to have several locations planned throughout the city of Sarasota. We were able to plan accordingly within two consecutive days in a week of my photoshoot period. I was able to take photos on Siesta Key, downtown Sarasota, and St. Armands Circle. The photos came out well, despite some technical concerns I had when taking the photos. I used an iPhone XR to capture the pictures, which had fantastic quality but at times it was hard to find effective lighting, that truly showed what impression I was trying to give to the audience, which was "confidence." Now, it is nearly impossible to tell your model how to pose a certain way while also exhibiting a specific emotion. However, despite my initial concerns, the photos came out perfect! This gave me the boost to continue on my idea of the magazine, and what things I was passionate about. I came to the conclusion that I was heavily inspired by fashion and the betterment of the environment, so why not clash the two into one magazine. This is where the name Environmentally Chic stemmed from.
From November to March, I was able to develop a range of skills in the production of my magazine, I was heavily inspired by the poses used in Vogue photoshoots while putting my own twist on them. This is where my production design came from, where I used the colors of the photo to incorporate into the overall theme of the magazine. For example, I brought the plum red color of the leather jacket in the photo and tied it into all four pieces of my magazine. I believe this is a strong evolution of creativity and the branding of my magazine, and the cause that it stands for, which is seeing the change in the fashion industry through sustainability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

Due to the current predicament, I was not able to reshoot with my model for new photos. However, I would have loved to have a sho...